Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Leo and Friends

So. Do you remember when you were little and you used to invite friends over without first asking permission? Normally it was ok- but sometimes, it just annoyed the crap out of my mom. We have a similar situation going on at our house. Leo invited a few of his furry friends to take up residence in our duct system between the floors of our house. While sitting around watching tv, you can hear the tiny guys clanking around above you. At first, we thought we had a ghost of my grandmother hanging out with us but quickly came to our senses. Leo gets mad when he can't get to the squirrels who have lovingly made our home their own. I told him to tell his friends they need to leave, but alas, to no avail.

My parents came over last night to investigate the noise but naturally- the squirrels stayed quiet. My dad has the brilliant idea of putting giant mousetraps in our duct system, which makes me sick. I love squirrels. I don't want them to die. Leo would be heart broken. But, according to the men, a squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit- a statement that I strongly disagree with. So until we find a humane way to encourage the squirrels to leave, I suppose we'll have to get used to new tenants. Hopefully, they will stay in their area of the house.

1 comments:

Linda said...

You're so funny-- we'll encourage them to leave the premises humanely. :-) But, they DO need to leave!!
Love, Mama