Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tough Times

Jeremy and I are dealing with some challenges here lately. Challenges that are not foreign to many but still difficult to handle. The typical feelings you experience when things don't go your way are anger, confusion, hurt, feelings of insecurity, crapiness. All of these I have experienced this week. When I stopped to think, I realized that material things and temporary things of this world are not what matters most. What matters most is

Our Marriage+Faith=Our Treasure
What abides with us in our humble home are not the things we have purchased or the things we do, but rather our relationship and love for each other. Our marriage matters most. With the right perspective, life is actually very wonderful. Really it is. With all the challenges, I know God will supply our needs. I know my husband will take care of me. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy going "back to basics"- believing with a childlike faith and enjoying the simple things in life that other things often pull us away from- such as listening to the crackling of the fire while laying on a blanket holding hands, trying out a new recipe (screwing up the new recipe), sleeping late, back rubs, a good book, a hot cup of coffee, Jeremy giving me a hug when I get home from the gym. I believe that these are the simple things we take for granted- I have been given so much. And while I know my BIG treasure will be in haven, I believe that for now, my home, my marriage, is heaven on earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad was telling me what was going on today and after reading your blog I was almost in tears. I admire your faith and knowing that He will get us through anything. You both are in my prayers. I love you both:)

Linda said...

This is a hard time, I know, but your faith is growing and I'm so proud of both of you. I love you!
Mama

Jill Williams said...

Very well put. I'm praying for you guys.