Monday, March 2, 2009

No Sex in the City

So my friend was telling me about a date that she went on last week that made me incredibly grateful to be married. I love being married- I get to be with my best friend 24/7 and I don't have to deal with situations like this. This is my phone conversation with my friend.

Friend: So, Biggie. The other night i went on a first date to the brand new
t.g.i.f. in my hometown.
he asked. he planned.
i accepted.

Me: Awesome! details.

Friend: Well, my date was kind of a "big deal" and i was really looking forward to it.
it was evening so i saved my calories to splurge on this "big meal."

Me: Oh, the pecan crusted chicken salad at TGIF's rocks my world.

Friend: Well, get this-as soon as we were seated, he slapped the menu shut.

Me: why?

Friend: he said, and i quote i have $4 in quarters and i was thinking of getting one of their
slushie drinks.
so if you want anything... i think there'll be like $.5 that
i could put toward whatever you want.....

so obviously i didn't order a MEAL.
i had money (every prepared dater does) but
why would i prolong the cheapest date of the century?

So I ordered water.


Me: So I take it there won't be a second date.....

I'm so glad I'm not dating anymore LOL.

I love you friend- I promise to keep your story anonymous but it was too
funny to not blog about. I love you!

3 comments:

Meghann said...

oh! that is so scarily wrong. wth is wrong with that guy??

Linda said...

That is just wrong!

Anonymous said...

What a moron. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the dating scene myself ;)