Monday, March 16, 2009

The Things you Hear

while a turquoise-wearing,
yosemite sam-mustashing,
cigarette-smelling bagger assembled my purchases in paper(not plastic),
he had the following conversation with
a scooter-banged, brown-lipliner-ed checker:
(please read in a southern accent if you have one...or a cowboy twang if you do not)
bagger: ..... so .... i talked to my ex-wife today--after 7 years!!
checker: wow. did she call you?
bagger: no. i called her.
checker: did you miss her or something?
bagger: YEAH! her and me had some reeeeeaaaaallly great times together!!!
(love incorrect grammar! love it!)
checker: does your new wife know?
bagger: um............... (tentatively) yeah.
***and with that,
i took my san pelagrino,and midol and went on with my day.

1 comments:

Meghann said...

he's going to be calling you next, you know. then him and you (love the grammar right?) can have some reaaaaaalllly good times.