Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yoga.


So recently I have taken up hot yoga or "bikram yoga". This practice is an ancient tradition flowing form eastern societies. I have never considered myself to be a yoga person until I tried "hot yoga". I am a runner, therefore am not very flexible. My hamstrings are so tight i have to bend my knees to tie my shoes. Sad huh? I figured because of this, I needed some stretching. I'm sure my husband would have loved to be a fly on the wall in my first yoga class as I was dropping out of balancing poses like dead meat. I'm probably the least graceful person you'll ever come in contact with. God bless my friends Natalia and Melanie who have ventured into this yoga business with me. They are very GOOD friends because they don't laugh at me as I fall our of my "birds of paradise" pose... actually, I can't even come close to being in the birds of paradise pose. So here is the business of hot yoga. They elevate the room temperature to hover around 110 degrees with 40% humidity. That's right- bikram yoga should really just be called "hot as balls yoga". I think I may open up a studio and call it just that... "HOT AS BALLS"... do you think I'll get any clientele? I'm sure people who appreciate honesty would gladly join my classes. Anyways, with all this being said... I feel more energized during the day, and sleeping better at night. I think its because I'm getting all of these toxic meds out of my system in a healthy way. If anyone wants to try a class with me- I have been going to the Zen Hot Yoga Studio in Virginia Beach.
熱作為睪丸
=
Hot as balls.

2 comments:

Meghann said...

I would go to your studio. Maybe you should find a way to translate "Hot as Balls" into chinese, though, for a more "authentic" impression. :p

Anonymous said...

I have been practicing Hatha Yoga since I was 16, it is so worth it. Bikram Yoga is the hotter sister♥