Friday, October 2, 2009

Perspectives.

Recently, I have realized what a miracle the past two and a half years of my life has been. I realized how blessed I was- this realization hit me like a ton of bricks and I realized that I really owe a lot to the Lord. Here are some recaps about my journey through the past 2 and a half years and my cancer treatments. I hope you realize how blessed and healed I feel

AND HOW FAR I HAVE COME

2.5 years ago I was told I had a rare, aggressive form of cancer
2 months later I told my family
2.5 years ago I was told if I didn't take action quickly
the cancer would eat away at my vital organs resulting in certain death
Here I sit, proudly proclaiming I am cancer free. I am healthy.
2.5 years ago I told Jeremy I would not be able to give him children
2 weeks ago, I was told my uterus is perfectly healthy and I should have no problem conceiving
2.5 years ago, I was told if I took a traditional route of treatment, I would be
bald for my wedding
Jeremy said I would still be the most beautiful woman he had ever seen
2.5 years ago I was taking 13 different medications 2-3x a day (33 pills a day)
Now, I am only taking 6 PILLS A DAY!
2.5 years ago I was afraid of never living out my dreams
this year, I started my Phd
2.5 years ago, I was angry with God and wanted nothing to do with him
2 weeks ago, my faith and love for Him was renewed
2.5 years ago, I was embarrassed to lean on anyone. I did not tell anyone what I was going through
Now, I proudly talk about my cancer and the miracle I have been given
2.5 years ago, I was scared I would die.
I will be 28 in 10 days.
2.5 years ago, I thought I was the unluckiest person in the world
in 2 weeks, my husband and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary
he is my rock, my best friend, and I fall more in love with him everyday
Thank you Jeremy for marrying me anyways.
2.5 years ago, I had no idea what was going to happen
2 weeks ago, I realized that Jeremiah 29:11 was always true
Regardless of life circumstances.
I now realize how blessed I am.
How LUCKY I am
How grateful I am to have a God who LOVES ME
How much I love my husband
How much I love my family
How much I love my best friends (M's!)
My last pill will be taken on December 12th.
I think its time to celebrate.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

I love you Molly. I am so glad that you have found, not just a healing, but a wholeness. You are one of the most incredible people I have ever met--I am honored and blessed to be your sister.

Big Nick said...

Awesome Molly! So glad you are ok! You are right it's time to celebrate! What are we doing for the birthday!!!???

Laura said...

This is so well written and inspiring:) You have overcome many obstacles and challenges and you are such a strong woman and I admire you for your strength.

Jeanne said...

I have tears in my eyes and am so very proud of you, sugar. I know you have walked through many valleys, but God has never left you and Dad and I are ALWAYS here for you.
We love you more than you could possibly know.
Love, Mama

Jill Williams said...

I love this! You are awesome, girl. :)