Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm back!

I'm alive. After dealing with nasty bronchitis and a trip to Raleigh for work, I feel like I'm slowly getting my life back together. It feels good. Hopefully, I can get back on the regular homework track. I feel so behind! This past weekend, we had a billowing Nor'easter. I was in Raleigh for the worst of it, which I was grateful for and upset about at the same time. I wanted to be home with my family instead of being lonely in a hotel room. A king size bed for one, is just not that enjoyable. Since I wasn't in town, I didn't take pictures of the crazy weather but I assure you it was CRAZY.

As I was driving on the back roads on the way home from Raleigh, I drove through small, old towns along the way. On the outskirts of these towns, I saw countless numbers of old, abandoned houses. My mind started to wander about the history of these houses, and the families who may have lived there. How old were the houses? What was their story? Despite the crumbling of the wood, and the ivy growing up the side- there is something so beautiful about them. I'm sure they each had a story to tell, if walls could talk. Here are some of my favorites-

1 comments:

Linda said...

You are your mother's daughter. :-) I do the same thing!
Love, Mama