Sunday, May 2, 2010

Song for Sparty

Jeremy and I had a wonderful weekend get away in DC (more about that later). While out at dinner, I heard a song come on the speaker. I think its by Michael Buble actually. Anyways, the lyrics made me think of Sparty, the road we took to get where we are, and the road that God will take us on in the future. As Mother's Day approaches, I realized that I am already a mother in many ways. Its an exciting time for us.... Although I haven't officially met Sparty, I pray for s/he everyday. I pray for a kind heart who loves others. I pray for a heart who knows and loves God... I pray for health and a happy spirit.

Sparty, although I haven't met you yet, the day I found out about you changed my life forever. Your dad and I are already consumed with you... the biggest privilege of our life already, is to be your mom and dad.

And I know some day that it’ll all turn out,
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And I promise you kid that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet.

I might have to wait, I’ll never give up,
I guess it's half timin', and the other half's luck,
Wherever you are,Whenever it's right,
You'll come outta nowhere and into my life.

And I know that we can be so amazin',
And baby your love is gonna change me,
And now I can see every possibility

Somehow I know that it’ll all turn out,
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out,
And promise you kid, I'll give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet.

1 comments:

Linda said...

You will be incredible parents.
Love, Mama