Monday, April 18, 2011

Trenton's Baby Dedication.

On Sunday, May 8 (My first Mother's Day!). Trenton will be dedicated to the Lord at our church. I just can't tell you how excited I am about this. What a special way to spend Mother's Day. Trenton is such a precious gift, and it seems only right we aknowledge God's sovereignty over his life. I think of Deuteronomy 6:4-7, which tells us to love God (as parents), which is necessary if we truly wish our children to love God. My life must be an example for Trenton- an example of a mom who loves Jesus. Not just on Sundays and Holidays, but everyday. I found this little tidbit on a website: Sunday schools can provide weekly instruction, but parents must seize the teachable moments that arise throughout life. Explain the value of prayer, Urge them to read aloud bible stories for devotions.... What encouraging words! If you are around on May 8 at 1045am and would like to come to Trenton's Dedication, we would love for you to be there! The service is at Riveroak Church in Chesapeake (website here).

1 comments:

Linda said...

I'll be there!!
Love, Moppy