Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Praying for your child.

I love being a mom. Even at times of complete exhaustion and frustration, I love being a mom. There is no way I could have been prepared for the intense love I would have for my child. Its unconditional, indescribable and sometimes it takes my breath away. I pray over my child every night. Each night my prayer is different, but there is one thing that remains the same. Each night I pray that Trenton grows up to be a man of good, strong character; a man who serves the Lord and serves others. I don't know why I feel compelled to pray that. My only guess is that the Lord has amazing plans for Trenton. As his mom, I will do my imperfect best to raise Trenton to be a man of strong character, who loves the Lord and serves others. I pray he has a good heart sensitive to the needs and feelings of other people. I also pray for his wife, that she too is a person with good character who loves the Lord. These are the prayers of the deepest places in my heart- these prayers move me so much that sometimes I find myself crying. I so want for my child to have a good life.

This love that I speak of brings me to another situation that has weighed heavily on my heart this week and that is the case of little Caylee Anthony. How heartbroken I was to hear of the not-guilty verdict. I do know in this country, you are innocent until proven guilty but I just DO NOT understand how someone who had such a strong indifference to her child was not guilty. Something happening to Trenton is my worst nightmare, I can't even allow my mind to go as far as to think about that. As such, I do not understand Casey's behavior and Mom to Mom, I judge her for that. With all the circumstantial evidence, one thing is clear to me: Her actions during those 31 days were not that of a mother in grief. I wouldn't even be able to get out of bed much less go party. I know that God is the ultimate judge. I pray that if Casey did kill her daughter, that she is haunted by that fact everyday and repents to her Maker. Sadly, I'm afraid she won't do this. I'm still at a loss of words regarding this situation. But it does make me hug my guy a little tighter at night lately....

Trenton,

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I'd give my life for you. This is the miracle of life (and the love of a mother)"

I promise to pray for you every day, I promise to always be here to give you giant hugs and kisses. I promise to play with you and break away from my busy schedule to make you a priority. You are the light of my life.

I love you,
Mommy

0 comments: