Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sudoku- a spiritual interpretation


So I have recently taken up Sudoku. While visiting my in laws in Georgia, my mother in law introduced me to the super addicting sudoku puzzles. I became a woman obsessed. While working on one yesterday- I became somewhat philosophical while thinking about what number to put where.... one number can mess up the whole puzzle. However, the path is clearly laid out for you- you just need to look for it.


It reminded me of my relationship with the Lord. His path for me was always clearly laid out (Jer 29:11) but I tended to ignore it, choosing my own path. Thus, my puzzle (i.e., life) became completely screwed up. Looking back over choices I made- it is easy to see where God gave me an "out"- where the gate was that lead to His path, instead of my own. I often chose the path most traveled and ended up becoming a chaotic mess. When I became so entrenched in my own misery, I looked for a way out.


Jeremy and I are once again, seeking out God's path for our lives in every way, shape, and form. Its amazing how we can get caught up in appealing things in the world and completely ignore the plans that God has for us...


Thinking about paths... I decided to post one of my favorite poems by Robert Frost called "The Road Not Taken"


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I

took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

1 comments:

Moppy said...

That is my all time favorite poem-- and my favorite poet. I still have my book of his poems from when I was younger.

Glad you are seek Him, sugar.
Love, Mama