Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Powerful Statement

“If using animals is unethical, why does the Bible say that we have dominion over animals?”

Dominion is not the same as tyranny. The Queen of England has “dominion” over her subjects, but that doesn’t mean that she can eat them, wear them, or experiment on them. If we have dominion over animals, surely it is to protect them, not to use them for our own ends. There is nothing in the Bible that would justify our modern-day practices, which desecrate the environment, destroy entire species of wildlife, and inflict torment and death on billions of animals every year. The Bible imparts a reverence for life, and a loving God could not help but be appalled by the way that animals are treated today. (www.peta.org)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Molly.

Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I promise to behave...I promise to behave...I promise to behave...I promise to behave...I promise to behave...I promise to behave... I promise to behave... I promise to behave...I promise to behave...I promise to behave!