Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Its cool outside and my heart is alive!

So this morning, as I was walking my dogs, it hit me all of the sudden that it was much cooler outside than the previous days. It seems that the seasons have finally clicked, and fall is upon us. Fall is absolutely my most favorite of favorite seasons and Jeremy and I are already planning out fall traditions for the family that we will one day have.

For example:

This October 1st, I have vowed to make homemade apple cider for us to sip while we watch the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. (the cartoon version, not the freaky one with Christina Ricci)

On October 31st, for the first time in my life, I am going to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters. I also want to make candied apples.

November is a month for thanks- I plan on dedicating a positive mind and attitude to those I am most thankful for.

Thanksgiving weekend- I plan on running the turkey trot run (although I wish they would change the name)

Shortly after TG weekend, Jeremy and I will venture up to Williamsburg to cut down our Christmas tree. I can't wait- I long for the smell of fresh pine in the house and the sound of Leo drinking the Christmas Tree water. Its totally blissful.

Regardless, I feel as though I may be coming out of my funk. I truly do have many things to be thankful for :)

3 comments:

Natalia said...

I truly enjoy reading your blogs biggie! keep em up! Now I am starting to think of traditions for our family!

Meghann said...

I think you should come here to cut down your christmas tree. geez.

Linda said...

I love your upcoming traditions. :-) If I could have a real tree, I get one of Meghann's-- I love her Christmas tree "farm."
Love, Mama