Thursday, January 29, 2009

Biggie's Best Buddies


I met Natalia in 2002. We went to the same college, had the same major, dated stupid guys, and lived in builings next to eachother.

When I think of Natalia a few words come to mind:

Elegant, Genuine, Funny, Creative

(Me, Natalia, Melanie)

This little Ukrainian tarlet is getting married in May to her VERY OWN Prince Charming.

She happens to be a fantastic radio DJ and is constantly involved in the community

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you

Natalia Ilchyshyn (Soon to be Soniak!)

Born- Fairfax, VA! NoVa- and no, that doesn't mean I'm a "snob". What's up with the stigma of Northern VA?

Education- Christopher Newport University Graduate. Majored in Comm and Minored in Religious Studies. That's where I met Biggie!

Job description- Professional Blabber. I get to talk to YOU for 5 hours a day on the radio!

Favorite time of day/why- Evening! I get to go home, snuggle with my honey, and spend time with my pups!

Happiest childhood memory- The summers when we would go to California to visit my Aunt (mom's sister) for weeks at a time. She had a pool, jacuzzi and tons of land for us to run around on. We would take walks everyday and pick blackberries which would then be used in our pancakes the next morning. We'd also go feed the horse (carrots and sugar cubes) down the street from her house. So many wonderful memories from those Summers.

Favorite vacation spot- So far Bermuda! It is a gorgeous island...that or Italy. So much history, art and amazing food.

What scares you- Not pleasing the Lord. Sometimes I feel like I just can't get it together. Frustrating.

Favorite colors together- Browns and blues. It's soothing!

What are your future goals- To become a mother! Continue working...to help others...to be successful. I know, vague, but I am still trying to figure it all out!

What are you listening to- You don't want to know. Some song describing some sort of sexual act on a girl that you meet at the club. Ah, got to love Z104 music.

Favorite place to eat out- Havanna's! I prefer the one on Shore Drive for its ambiance. They have THE best nachos!

Who would you love to meet (living or dead)- Oprah or my ancestors.

What major decision are you figuring out in your life- We're about to get married! With weddings come change. We're trying to figure out what our next step is after the Big Day. Buy a house? Change locations? Babies? New car? There's a lot to think about!

At 5:00 pm what you doing- Packing up and heading out of work! Wahoo!

4 comments:

djknight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
djknight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
djknight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
djknight said...

"What are you listening to- You don't want to know. Some song describing some sort of sexual act on a girl that you meet at the club. Ah, got to love Z104 music." ... "What scares you- Not pleasing the Lord. Sometimes I feel like I just can't get it together. Frustrating."

I wonder why. Do you even know how to please the one you call "the Lord"?

"My people come to you, as they usually do, and sit before you to listen to your words, but they do not put them into practice. With their mouths they express devotion, but their hearts are greedy for unjust gain. Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice." - Ezekiel 33:31-32

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' - Matthew 7:21-23

This journal (link) might help you and others who are afraid of "displeasing" God. But should you choose not to look, here is some last advice: Be afraid of angering God, not merely making him unhappy.