Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Results.

For those of you who have been wondering- my most recent test results came in. I am good to go! Well sorta. I don't have to start chemo but still am continuing my treatments as normal. I haven't wrapped my mind around the fact that I am a cancer patient, undergoing treatments. I tend to think of myself as a person who had a blip of health and has to take some super strong meds. With that said- My doc and I talked about the future of my treatments, the possibilities of starting chemo in the future (it still may happen but I'm fighting it at the present), and future surgeries that may happen. I whined and pouted about the fact that I've gained about 20lbs due to my treatments (he said it was normal and that I've actually gained less than most). Ick. I still have at least a year left on this janx. Bleh. So if you see me looking puffy- now you know why. I haven't been diving into mountains of chocolate cake. (Or have I?). I also deal with other side-effects that I'll spare you the details of. All in all- I guess gaining 20lbs is better than hair loss and the other horrific aspects of chemo. I'm grateful. I'm not out of the woods yet- but I feel each day is a step closer to the meadow. I'll get there. I know I will.

With all this being said, I have realized things about people in my life. I realize that a kind word, sweet attitude, and gentle actions are irreplaceable. I've realized its not always what you say, but how you say it that can hurt people. Attitudes towards someone often speak louder than words. If you're naturally a harsh person, deal with it and turn the corner. Life is too short to be nasty. Most importantly, think before you speak. You can't take back a word, an email once its been sent- those things are remembered forever. These words of mine are ones that I am trying to live by. Because Lord knows if I do undergo chemo or serious treatment, I don't want people to think... "well that bizzo got what she deserved....". I've heard about people like that- can you imagine anything worse? I'll get off my soapbox, but please- be nice to your neighbor, love on an animal, and love your friends and family. Is there any better golden rule?

I love you guys! Thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love you too Sugar!!! And I'm praying for you!
Love, Mama

Tambre McClenny said...

YAY Molly! I am so glad I have met you...I luv you Biggie. ;o)