Monday, July 20, 2009

Ok, I'm taking a poll. If you read this blog, I want you to answer!

HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND PER WEEK ON GROCERIES?
HOW MANY MOUTHS ARE YOU FEEDING?

HOW OFTEN ARE YOU EATING OUT?
(i.e., is that grocery money paying for 3 meals a day for each of those mouths or are you also going out to lunch/dinner on top of that?)

I am in the process of reworking our budget and am always curious to know if my spending in this area is comparable to other families. I want to set some boundaries for myself (in case you haven't noticed, I love food and could easily spend a LOT of money on it each week), but I also know that if those boundaries are not realistic I won't stick to them.

So if you are willing to break the "You're not supposed to talk to people about money" rule, please share!

4 comments:

Sarah Allyson said...

Well I would say we spend about $150-$200 every week or week and a half. Plus we go out to eat 2-3 times (not usually to dinner but one or both of us will get lunch, however we are trying to cut down on that. Not sure if that is more or less then "normal" but I feel like my hubbs eats us out of house and home!

Kimberly said...

I think I'm in the same range as Sarah, with no eating out on a regular basis, maybe once or twice a month.

Tambre McClenny said...

I would say we spend btwn $300-400 every 2 weeks. And I am feeding myself, my 240lb muscley husband and a 2 year old. People say our budget is high, but what am I supposed to do when my husband eats 1-2 lbs of hamburger or a 3-5 chx breast in one sitting!

Unknown said...

My husband and I spend about $150-175 per month on groceries. We go out very rarely - usually only when we have a gift card. I make a lot from scratch and we have a garden.