Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm a Navy Seal

Ok so not really. But Jeremy and I have recently been partaking in a Navy Seal workout. On Monday, we successfully completed a 17 min two mile run, 4 sets up 15 push ups, 4 sets of 20 sit ups, 3 sets of 3 pull ups, and a 15 minute continuous swim. Now, it doesn't seem very hard but the workout progressively gets harder over the course of 10 weeks. When I dove into the pool on Monday night, I felt my old "swimmer self" come back to me. I glided through the water like I didn't have a 10 year gap since I last compete. Jeremy on the other hand, was flailing through the water, stopping every time he had to breath. God bless my husband, he looks so cute in his swim trunks and goggles. And actually- I'm exaggerating on his lack of swim skills, with some practice and stroke technique he would be an amazing swimmer. It felt good though, for my husband to be impressed with my strokes. Swimming is something that has always come naturally to me. We went swimming last night and I swam for 45 continuous minutes. It felt great. I love changing up my workout. I encourage all of you to try something new in your workout. Throw your body a curve ball- you'll love how you feel after!

Next blog- recap of an awesome weekend with the family!

1 comments:

Linda said...

Jeremy will have to get on with it to keep up wtih you. :-)