Friday, August 21, 2009

Dreams are not always easy

I start my second semester of doctoral studies on Monday. I'm dreading it, but looking forward to it too. My schedule is built around my school studies. Life as I know it, exists no longer. I took today off from work to relax and while drinking a cup of my freshly ground, organic trader joe's breakfast blend I started pondering on why I am going after a PhD. And to be honest, I didn't really know. I mean, hours and hours of studying, researching, and reading. Who does that because they like it? I then realized that dreams are not always easy. To get to where you want to be, is often the road less taken. As I look to the future, I realize I will probably not spend as much time with friends, spend more time with my computer, and have my husband get frustrated with me at the lack of creative dinners (just kidding Jeremy!). However, in about 3 years, I will be done with this season of my life and living out my dream. My dream of being Dr. Molly Waters. (Nice ring eh? Maybe your children will be lucky enough to have me as a professor). Realistic dreams allow you to realize that the tough work will be worth it one day. As scary as it is in the process- it will be worth it one day. Now- I'm off to finish my coffee, fold laundry, and then enjoy my day off before the mayhem begins!

0 comments: