Sunday, August 16, 2009

sugar versus sugar

An August evening, found me apron on, cooking dinner for my family who was about to come over.  I was making Jeremy's favorite side dish- macaroni and tomatoes, which calls for 2 tsp of sugar to take away the acidity of the tomatoes.  I asked Jeremy to get the sugar off our black shelf in the corner of our kitchen.  I hear him walking into the kitchen and then he gives me a kiss on the cheek.  It was a sweet gesture- but normally not his typical way to show affection. He must have realized my surprise by my facial expressions because he said, "Didn't you ask me to give you some sugar?"   I laughed and said, "no, I asked you to GET me the sugar"....  :)  These little things are what make my marriage "blissful".  

1 comments:

Linda said...

AWWEEE, that's so sweet! :-)
Love, Mama