Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mama-hood

This guy:


...has changed my life for the better. I was telling one of my girlfriends this morning that I never knew I could love someone so much. My friend, Laura, is getting ready to have her own sweet baby boy in a few weeks and I could not be more excited for her! In addition to loving my son, becoming a mom has made me love Jeremy so much more, which I also didn't think was possible. Creating a child with someone you love deepens the bonds of marriage. Creating a family is such a gift God has blessed us with. Especially since we were never sure if having our own children was God's plan for us. We are so blessed.

The other night, my dad and I were talking about what is sacred in life and family ranks at the top of the list. Little things, like taking time out to play with Trenton in the bathtub or on the floor are sacred moments that I know I will cherish for a lifetime. Last night, I don't think I sat down from the time I got home until I collapsed into bed. Trenton had me busy- and although I was completely exhausted, my love for him made me love doing things with him and for him because I know that those "sacred" moments with him as a baby will not be around forever. My miracle boy will grow up and take on new adventures.

I have found that if I view things as sacred, I treasure them much more. So for all my mom friends out there, when you're tired and just flat out annoyed (because we would be lying if we said we never were either of these), try and view daily tasks as sacred. It helps- because we all know how quickly these little moments go by!

1 comments:

Linda said...

He is your miracle, just like you were mine. He is so precious-- and I'm so glad I get to spend time with him each day. Yes, I get tired, but then he smiles and it lights up everything. I'm so blessed with my four grandkids!!
Love, Moppy