Monday, October 20, 2008

Biggie's book club

Lately, I've become obsessed with reading. My love for the library has been reborn. Since I typically read a book in about 3 days, multiple trips to Barnes and Nobles gets expensive. I desperately want to find a book club- the kind that actually READS the book and discusses it over a glass of wine. Maybe I'll start one- any takers?

Combining my love of reading with history, I picked up a new book called The Fatal Shore. It is a bestselling epic about the founding of Australia. The history of this young country is incredible. The founding was brutal. I mean- 80,000 men, women, and children exiled from their country to survive harsh travel conditions and battle the unwelcoming new country? Amazing. I recommend it.

Another book I am currently enjoying (yes I am reading two at once- it tends to prolong the joy of the book so I don't FLY thru them) is called The Nazi Hunter. I enjoy reading about WWII history so naturally, the title of this book caught my attention. The story follows a young lawyer whose job is to track down Nazi's living in the United States. Little does he know- he is being targeted by a group of Neo Nazi's. Its a political thriller with a mystery twist. What is really fascinating is the fact that there are really individuals who do this-find Nazi's and bring them to justice. Did you know that over 80,000 Nazi's immigrated to the United States after WWII? Creepy!

1 comments:

Jill Williams said...

If you have books you have already read, you might like this site
http://bookmooch.com/