Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Leo the Watchdog


Last night my husband and I engaged in "Monday Movie Night". Giving the season, we watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose. A freaky movie none the less. After I convinced Jeremy to NOT sleep with the lights on and we climbed in bed, I was suddenly appreciative of our fighting, protective beast Leo, who would naturally fight off anything scary that would come into our room with his ferocious bark. So, I want to publicly thank Leo for being such a fantastic watch dog, allowing us to sleep peacefully.


Leo, even though the only sound that would awaken you from your deep slumbers (or at all for that matter) would be the sound of a wrapper unwrapping food, I feel safer with you around. Even though you ate all the trash out of the garbage can this morning, yes, I will still mug on your sweet little face. Lastly, I would like to express my deep and lasting love for you because you attacked that huge waterbug in the bathroom this morning. I don't mind you staring at me while I am using the toilet facility anymore because I know what you are really doing is protecting me from bugs.


I love you.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

haha! I love it! Nala isn't really into the tampons...it's more Snoopy than anyone. He LOVES the wrapped up (non-used) tampons. He likes playing with them. When I come home I find them littered all over the floor.

Meghann said...

I hear he also gives great haircuts. what more could you ask from a dog?

Meghann said...

Leo is right up there with this Leo:

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE49P1VZ20081027?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=69