Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning for the SOUL

This weekend, Jeremy and I totally revamped our yard. We swore to each other that we would do something fun, but alas, ended up putting down mulch and laying a brick border around our garden. Although these household chores take up a lot of time, I just ENJOY spending time with my husband. I could sit in the grass and stare up at the clouds with him and be content. Being around him feeds a part of me. I'll miss him too much when he is gone a lot this summer. Luckily, I have lots of friends to keep me company.

I've really been enjoying yoga lately. I feel like it has helped me relax and have better posture. I finally painted my toenails a pretty coral color. I realized my feet are my foundation: they ground me, support me in all I do, and take me where I want to go. I realized the other day, about half way through my sun salutation, that my toe nails were ugly and needed some sprucing up. They needed some TLC. I decided to give myself a mini pedi. So yesterday, when I gazed at my feet Uttanasana, for the first time ever- I think I appreciated them. so here is a tip for the day: appreciate your body, give your body a sense of gratitude for all it does for you! take care of it- eat healthy, drink water, and lay off the grease!

1 comments:

Meghann said...

I gave myself a pedicure yesterday, too. And then I absolutely destroyed it by working in the garden and working on some farm building projects!
oh well :)