Friday, May 8, 2009

Chaffing.


There are many hazards that come with running. I've documented many of them here. Often. One that I haven't ever documented, though, is chafing (mostly because people feel uncomfortable talking about it). As a woman runner, there are certain things you will inevitably experience. (Except for those annoying people who's thighs don't touch. I mean, really. Are they human?).
Most women have thighs. I am proud to say that I have strong, athletic thunder thighs. They are not-long and lean. But my husband loves my legs, thus I have learned to love them too-EXCEPT when I am running and my thighs start rubbing together. Can I get a witness? Anyone know what I am talking about? Its a bitch. There is no other way to put it and I feel for all my runner friends out there who experience this same problem. You know- when you've put in about 4-5 miles and your legs are burning so much you feel like your upper thighs are about to rub together and start a fire? Well dear ladies- there is hope. Over the past few years- I have heard fantastic things about body glide. You can buy it at any running store for a few bucks. Put it on like deodorant and voila! no more chaffage. I promise- it will totally help. Happy Running!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh this sounds painful :(

Courtney said...

I swear by Body Glide. I've introduced a runner or 7 to it. Good, honest post, Mols! It reminded me I need another stick. :)