Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring has Sprung

I am so excited for warm weather this weekend. Whilst I'll probably be inside explicating theories and conducting research, I hope to get a little vitamin D. The next few weeks are going to be tough for me- preparing for Jeremy to leave and finishing out the semester. If you don't talk to me much, please do not take it personally and know that I still love you very much :) As far as the pregnancy goes, things are well. I'm almost 12 weeks, which means that next week (according to some websites) I will be in my second trimester. Wooohoo! Some sites say you are in the second when you get 12 weeks, some say its 13, and some say its 14. I figured I'll just shoot for the middle week. I'm praying that at my next appointment, we'll be able to hear the heartbeat through a doppler (handheld ulstrasound device)... I'd love for Jeremy to hear this prior to his leaving.

Sparty this week (according to BabyCenter.com: Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

1 comments:

Laura said...

I'll be keeping you and Jeremy in my prayers:) I am here if you need anything!! Love you!